Do you suffer from migraines or tension headaches?
Migraines and tension headaches can be extremely frustrating and have a massive impact on your quality of life. The pain can be intense and can last for a few hours to several days. Many practitioners will provide medication to help manage the pain of migraines and tension headaches. Our team at The Health League takes a multi-disciplinary approach to diagnosing and managing your symptoms as well as address the root cause of your pain.
Where do I start ?
- Medical investigations, medication options, & trigger identification – Dr. Hana Masata MD
- Waking with headaches or migraines- Dr. Masata MD or any of our chiropractors for investigation
- Tight neck , muscles, fascia, waking with headaches- See any of our chiropractors for soft tissue work.
- In depth migraine & headache trigger identification or lifestyle modification- any of our chiropractors
- Non-medication home options for migraine and headache pain managment- any of our chiropractors
- Visual causes, light sensitivity or visual sensitivity – See the optometrists at Opto-mization
- Vestibular migraine or migraines with dizziness- Bernard Tonks Vestibular physiotherapist
- Customized migraine and headache stretching program- Jonah Wynans AT
Our Migraine & Headache Clinic at The Health League
Meet The Migraine & Headache Clinic Team
Common Migraine Symptoms
- Auras: Visual disturbances or other sensory changes prior to the headache
- Nausea & Vomiting: Many migraine sufferers will experience gastrointestinal issues
- Sensitivity to Light & Sound: Migraine attacks can cause individuals to become sensitive to light and sound
- Moderate to Severe Pain: Migraines cause significant pain and discomfort, impacting the daily activities of migraine sufferers
Common Tension Headache Symptoms
- Pressure & Tightness: A feeling of pressure or tightness around the head or neck
- Mild to Moderate Pain: Tension headaches will cause mild to moderate discomfort, but not debilitating pain like migraines
What to expect from your appointment at The Health League:
- Diagnosis and education on your conditions
- Migraine prevention strategies
- Holistic and pharmaceutical options for pain management
- Medical imaging and laboratory requisitions if required
- Guidance and management of conditions related to depression: hormones, insomnia and depresssion
- Acupuncture or Myofascial treatment